Re: Moisture and frizzy hair

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
cglory

I never had to deal with frizzy hair due to moisture in the air until my hair turned gray and I started using chemical dyes. It is quite frustrating when one is used ot

Has anyone noticed if henna actually makes the hair smoother or acts as anti-frizz?

Thank you!

ACWN

After several applications, yes. Because the henna dye builds up on the hair shaft, it weighs it down and gravity pulls those little frizzies down and smooths them out. Although, you may want to try something like coconut oil ontop of the henna. Some folks have found it really helps with the frizz.

cglory

I am not sure I understand what you mean by "coconut oil on top of henna". Do you mean I should put coconut oil after I henna, rinse and then wash out the oil without shampoo? Wouldn't it make the hair very oily?

I condition my hair with coconut or amala+bramhi oil regularly. I keep it overnight and then shampoo the next morning.

Thanks!

ACWN

Ah, then ignore what I said about the coconut oil, since you use it. What I meant was along with the henna (not at the same time). I dont recall saying anything about NOT shampooing, so I'm not sure where you got that little bit. *tilts head*

cglory

I was under the impression that one shouldn't use shampoo after henna, but rinse it with plain water.(and that's what I always did when I used henna to condition my hair and color...a long time ago when I didn't have any gray! ;-)..)  I just wanted to make sure I didn't mess up anything while following your advice and hence the reference to shampooing. :-)

Thanks again for your help!

ACWN

That USED to be the thing to do - not use shampoo. However, now we know that if you dont its likely that you'll end up with residue henna left in your hair and that can leave it feeling really dry and crunchy. Plus it would take FOREVER to just rinse it out. You'd seriously be in there at least an hour.