Re: Can tap water cause distorted color in hendigo?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
cglory

I read a thread about tap water distorting or causing unexpected and unwanted color results with Amla or Cassia. Has anyone had any issues with hendigo?

Should one consider using distill water for washing to avoid such possibility or hendigo is safe with regular tap water?

I am using Yemen henna and indigo gray mix kit.

Thanks!

Carrie

I haven't seen any reports of that problem showing up with hendigo.

The hard water/mineral deposit problem with henna or cassia would show up as brown or blackish tones. When you use hendigo you are usually going for brown or black anyway ... maybe that's why people don't notice a problem? Or maybe some people just think their indigo worked "too well" if their color came out darker than expected.

It would be good to use clarifying shampoo containing tetrasodium EDTA (removes mineral deposits in hair) prior to hendigo, and to mix the pastes with distilled water. That should help prevent unwanted over-dark results. 

Jen

Henna can go unexpectedly dark with hard water too. Its just usually not as drastically different from what one would expect from a hendigo treatment so it doesn't get as many shocked requests for help. Hard water could lead to darker or less warm results.

cglory

Since I want the dark tones, it should be fine! It doesn't look like I have any hard water issues, but it is good have the information at hand, just in case! :-)

Thanks for your help!