avoiding too orange/how much indigo

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
irinadax
avoiding too orange/how much indigo

even tho i've been using henna and indigo for years i still have questions. Lol

i have very dark almost black hair with greying roots. i've used 2steps and have used hendigos in the past with slightly different effects. at the moment i dont mind some red, i just dont wnat orange. i want to use celebration to get good saturation on the greys, but im confused about how much indigo to add. should i do a 1:1 or a 1:2?  when ive used 1:2 (henna:indigo), my greys turned out more of a goldenish brown (left on for 2 hours). i'd like something more red this time around, maybe even burgundy.

if i do a 1:1, how long can i leave it on? would 3 hours be too long? i might have concerns about the indigo drying out the hair, but i also dont want to rinse so soon that henna doesn't have time to turn red.

Carrie
Re: avoiding too orange/how much indigo

If you want red to burgundy, I'd only use 10-25% indigo. Here is a blonde lady who used 10% indigo with her henna (this is a client of Megumi's in Hawaii). The 2nd and 3rd photos are both AFTER pics - it's the lighting that makes the 2nd look so much lighter than the 3rd pic.

www.hennaforhair.com/forum/index.php

so your grays would look similar to this, while your darker hair will be darker red. Should be pretty! 

3 hours would be good, not too long. With only a little indigo I doubt you'll find it drying.

irinadax
Re: avoiding too orange/how much indigo

Thanx Carrie, i will try just that! :-)