want to change henna color

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
junktion58
want to change henna color

I have hennaed my hair, i used henna100g Indigo 100g and25 g of amia ,loved the color,deep rich red with dark highlights,my hair was silver with dark highlights before i did it . what i want to know is can i change it to blonde with out using a cem/striper .i would like to try cassia ? any imformation would be nice.thank you all.joan

Carrie
Re: want to change henna color

If you had used only henna (no indigo) you would have been able to use bleach to lighten the color, but perhaps not all the way to blonde. Since you used indigo, bleaching would leave your hair green. Strippers and color removers will not work much, or at all, on henna and indigo.

What some of us have done is gradually transition back to blonde by doing our roots with cassia/henna/indigo, increasing the amount of cassia each time and reducing the amount of henna/indigo. That way you have a smooth gradient of color instead of a harsh line of demarcation as your darker hendigoed hair grows out. Do not add more color to the length, just do your roots as they come in.

junktion58

so if i used lets say 50% cassia and 1/4 henna and1/4 indigo for the other 50% that might be the way to go? and one other Q.what do i put in my mix to make it smell better :} thank you again for your time joan...p.s. i do like henna.............

Carrie

You could do that, although you may want to do your transition more gradually than that ... jumping straight to half cassia is not very gradual, you know what I mean?  but sure, try it, it may be fine for you. Plant dyes are more forgiving than chemical dyes in terms of not leaving an obvious "line" when you overlap or tinker with your mix a little.

You can add a tablespoon of ground cloves or cardamom to your paste after dye release to help with smell. I like to add a spoonful of vanilla extract too.

junktion58

Thank you so much..............:}