luv my color!

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
katydid
luv my color!

Hi everyone,

okay i messaged earlier during the week when i colored my hair with henna for the 1st time. i used one of your ancient sunrise kits in sunshine(2 parts cassia,1 part henna =300g). i was worried bc the color was a little to orange at first , but 4 days later after oxidation, IT'S APSOULTLY LOVELY!!!! now all the women in my family want to color their hair with henna! lol. so my next question is how do i keep up with the color?

do i use the same combo all over again or do i use a gloss? also my roots were alittle darker before doing the henna, they look natural with my hair but i would like them alittle more "blended" in with the rest of my color.

(my color is between strawberry blonde and copper, the roots are a light aurburn)

i would like to go alittle darker over time my dream red hair is the color kate winslets was on titanic.

How would i do that ? i have some PP henna and ive heard great things about that should i use that? and if so in paste or in gloss?

• also my mother wants to color her hair bc she has spent so much money trying to color her greys,with no results ( shes about 25% grey). she wants her color a golden honey blond color that she has now.

i want to try a gloss with BAQ2 that i have. im thinking 2tsp in 1 cup conditioner. will this give me the golden honey color, should i use a henna paste or poweder in the conditioner, and how long should i leave this on her hair i want to make sure the greys are completely covered.

okay sorry about all the questions. oh and carrie thank you so much for answering all my questions last time.

xoxo

Carrie
Re: luv my color!

To go from a light color to the Titanic color I'd use a full strength treatment, not a gloss. PP would be fine.

For your mother, do several strand tests and let them sit a week before deciding. The recipes you mention (one with paste, one with powder), and also one with less henna than that. Or use a cassia/henna mix ... using cassia instead of conditioner. You could also do tests for varying lengths of application time, 1 to 3 hours.