how do i create a pinkish tone?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
holdenmt
how do i create a pinkish tone?

Hello...newbie :)  I've been using straight up henna for about a year. love it - but the color is just too orange. I am naturally dark strawberry blond with about 10% grey. I look best with a medium blonde that is leaning toward a cooler pink, if that makes sense. apricot comes to mind in the sense that it contains orange but also pink. i'd like to begin with this color if i can achieve it, putting on my roots as they grow out.  thank you! Maria

ACWN
Re: how do i create a pinkish tone?

Pink-ish tones arent something you can get with henna as the dye is red-orange. I dont think you could even get it with a diluted henna mix of either cassia or in a gloss. I mean, you can shoot for a strawberry blond with a mix of mostly cassia to a tiny bit of henna (5% or so) or a tiny bit of henna in conditioner (a very weak gloss), but as far as a color with any sort of pink-ish tones... I dont think thats possible. But I could be wrong, its happened before! :) 

Curious though, have you considered just cassia? You could start adding it to your henna and gradually reduce the amount of henna until you're using all cassia. This would make a nice gradient of color instead of a sharp line. Cassia would give your gray hair a nice golden tint and wont change the rest of your hair.

Jen
Re: how do i create a pinkish tone?

buxus does some strange pinkish things when mixed with acid and left to stand like henna, but I haven't really experimented with it enough to give specific advice.

www.flickr.com/photos/9962201@N07/3953606990/in/set-72157622452766772/