Wondering about Sudina

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
PenelopeIris
Wondering about Sudina

Hello there. I got really impatient to get to red especially when Halloween came along. I bleached my hair and used chemical dyes (yuck!) to get to a nice red. It's already faded and nearly back to a medium brown.

What I'd like to do is bleach it again (it's been about 3 weeks since the last time) and dye it as close to my natural hair color (I have a pic below) and then henna over that, as someone suggested on here the last time I posted here. Should have listened but didn't have time to order, dye it, then oxidize before Halloween.

I was wondering if Sudina would be a good choice for my hair color. I'm of course going to strand test but I wanted to see if it was even worth trying to get a nice sweet red shade.

Here's the pic, it's very close to my natural color, except that I'm about 25-30% grey: http://www.americarx.com/admin/ARXPRODUCTIMAGES/Cimages/ColorsilkByRevlon/442798.jpg

Any help would be really appreciated! Thanks!

Carrie
Re: Wondering about Sudina

If you dye your hair the darkish brown you posted, then henna over that, you'll get an equally dark color but somewhat reddish. Sudina is one of the lower dye content hennas so the red tones won't be as strong as they'd be with a higher dye content henna but in any case, your hair won't be *red* because of your starting color ... more of a warm reddish brown.

To get *red* hair with henna, you need to start from a lighter color like gray, blonde, or light red.

PenelopeIris

Thanks Carrie. I thought it would turn out all right but I really underestimated how porous my hair has gotten from all the bleach and hair dye I've put on it. I dyed a bleached hair sample with that medium ash brown dye and it turned black! I think I might try a lighter hair dye and a henna with higher dye content. Thanks again!

Carrie

You're welcome, and good luck!