Yogurt used to lighten/remove henna

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
SamanthaJustine
Yogurt used to lighten/remove henna

Has anyone ever heard of this or tried it? I read that a yogurt containing lactobacillus applied to dry hair then covered for an hour could remove henna but only if the henna has been on the hair for longer than 5 weeks.

Ordering more henna on Friday and plan to use it just after it arrives as I need to get my roots even with the rest of my hair. I really want to pull some of the darkness out of the length first. If I can't do it naturally than so be it I'll deal with the slighlty darker hair.

I read about the vit c but wondering if anyone has tried this method. Been googling lactobacillus trying to figure out how it would breakdown the henna. I keep picturing it eating the henna. LOL

Jen
Re: Yogurt used to lighten/remove henna

Here's a thread about lightening. There's a yogurt method and some others...

You may also want to try the search box in the upper left and see if you can find more. Its a topic that comes up a lot, and every one seems to have their own ideas about how to do it.

Carrie

I used plain full fat yogurt mixed with about 1/4 cup amla powder for this purpose when I had about 4 full-head hennas in my hair. It lightened it a couple of shades after several of these yogurt/amla treatments.

Honey lightening is another method to consider - see the Long Hair Community forum for full info on that method. It isn't removing henna but will lighten the hair due to the peroxide honey forms.

SamanthaJustine

Thanks to both of you! I would have never thought to mix amla in the mix.

I tried a search but nothing came up for yogurt with lactobacillus. Guess it is all trial and error.