7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Karen W
Secret Santa?

Are we doing Secret Santa this year?

CCartwrightJones
admin
Re: Secret Santa?

I"ll talk to Roy about that this evening and see what the work load and organization looks like.  Since all the forums are together now, the logistics of managing quadruple the usual number of people is probably impossible.  I don't think I could say "this group's members can participate but that group's can't"  That would be sort of mean.

It always was fun, though!

CCartwrightJones
admin

Ron confirmed my thoughts that the forumplex is now too big to handle this.  I'd recomend doing "Santa" work through your facebook networks, if that's something you really want to do.  They're closer to the size and connectivity of the old forum population. 

500 regular participants = 50 Secret Santas = carrying capacity for managenent, because that's all the expense and hassle that can be reasonably managed.  We've blown that all to heck.  I'm sure someone in a smaller group will step up, and I wish them the best and a very happy swap.

Kim

This is COMPLETELY understandable.  But I'm still gonna miss it!  But like many wonderful things, they often change into something new and equally wonderful.  Let us hope this is also the case!

I just want to say THANKS for the years you did do this.  The effort will always be remembered and appreciated!

Kim

Hasina Mehndi & Body Art

CCartwrightJones
admin

Jessica's running one out of Henna Caravan.  Check her on Facebook!

Heather

I'm also coordinating a gift swap that lots of forum members are participating in - email me at gift@artisticadornment.com and I'll send you the details.

Magical Mehendi

and since I tend to hang over at Facebook more these days....

I, Mrs. Shanti Claus, have moved 'my' gift swap over there.  It's the 2010 Secret Santa Swap o' Henna.

You can search that page at facebook for the info or email me at mrs.claus@magicalmehendi.com if you like.

Justine

www.magicalmehendi.com

aka, Mrs. Shanti Claus