I'm so BOOOOOOOOOOOORED!

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
ladytetsu
I'm so BOOOOOOOOOOOORED!

Okay, you who know me know I tend to whine.  I'm about to.  As my subject says, I'm desperately bored with henna.  I'm sick of making the same darned 5-petal flower and paisleys. . . I'm sick of festival flowers I can do in my sleep. . . I have other new and wonderful toys to play with, but I certainly don't want to "give up" on henna.

So, what do you do to recharge your creative batteries?  How do you breathe new life into dull henna?  Got any nifty project ideas I can steal?

:)

CCartwrightJones
admin
Re: I'm so BOOOOOOOOOOOORED!

Go to the library and pull books of antique paisley patterns, or  the tiles of prayer niches in 16th century mosques, or to Ebay and search Victorian silver and search "antique lace'.  French 18th century printed cotton is lovely ...

Mani

Go for the non-traditional designs!  Lately I'm loving Art Deco, Art Neuvo, and Americana for inspiration.  So much fun to be had!

Malynda

Go tribal.  Goof around with African patterns.  Do some drums.  Sling on folks who've never heard of the stuff (for free... somehow, it helps).  Swap henna for a wood  burner and try a box or two.  Or ten.  :)

barefootgirl

I've just been enlisted to make a henna'd scarecrow!!  We got some non textured long johns,

and I bought fabric paint in squeeze bottles.  Its for a contest where I henna on Saturdays.

I'm gonna do african stuff and were using a mask for the head and it will hold a drum....

Karen W

Great ideas everyone!  I sufffer from burn out sometimes too.  One thing I did recently that charged my batteries a bit was to do henna designs with the medical adhesive and glitter.  Fun to play with the designs in color!

Grateful for the input.

K

ladytetsu

wow, you guys do have some excellent advice!  I appreciate all your comments!  I got back into doing eggs tonight and as I'm working, I keep seeing new henna patterns, too.  I just hate the hopeless burned out feeling.

(oh, and getting a crapload of schoolwork done rather frees up the brain, too!)

Nicole

My mom has discovered this new art form called "Zentangles", here are a couple of links :

http://tanglepatterns.com/

http://zentangle.com/learn.php

This type of drawing could easily be translated to henna.