What would you have done?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
1stimestar
What would you have done?

So I was invited by a friend to do a henna party at her house.  I told her if she could get 4 women that bought henna from me, she could have hers for free.  She invited several of her friends, a few of those friends invited a few friends.  One of those friends of a friend brought her own package of some henna I've never heard of but looked old (crinkled up package, no date stamp on it, etc.), mixed it up with water and started hennaing HER friend that had invited her, one other girl, and herself.  They stayed in the other room, wouldn't talk to me or be social.  This made me feel very uncomfortable as I didn't want people to think that was MY henna.  I asked my friend, the host about it.  She said she had no idea that girl was going to do it and she didn't know what to do about it.  It put her in an uncomfortable position.  I just asked that she make sure the girls who were hennad by this other person make it clear that it was not my henna.  This party had been advertised on facebook locally as focusing on my henna.  So I would hate for someone to say "this is the crappy henna I got at M***'s party."  

Malynda
Re: What would you have done?

Don't sweat it.  She only hennaed a few other people and they know who did their henna.  If they get the chance to compare to your work, I'm sure they'll be quick let folks know where to get the better product.  If you are really worried, post a comment on the Facebook party thread, but choose your words carefully... you don't want to sound snarky and alienate possible future clients (i.e. crappy henna person's friends).

1stimestar
Re: What would you have done?

Thanks Malynda, I'm not going to say anything.  I just wondered if anyone would have said anything to her at the time about it.  I did try to start a friendly conversation with her but she didn't seem to want to talk.  I guess it just surprised me.