Another request for which henna to use

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Shdwdrgn
Another request for which henna to use

It's been over a year since the last time I ordered henna, and wow how the list of available types has changed!  I used to use the henna for long hair which gave nice auburn/coppery tones, but I'm totally lost as to what to get now.

My hair is a mousey-brown color, and I love the red and copper tones I get in the sunlight from previous henna uses.  My mix is typically with orange juice sitting overnight, then add honey before applying, and let it sit about 4 hours.  Can anyone suggest which henna I should use now to get those colors again?  Also any (simple) suggestions for changing my mix that might help bring those colors out even more?

Thanks!

Moneybox (not verified)
Re: Another request for which henna to use

Jamilla - everytime :o)

Magical Mystery Girl

Yeah I got some intense copper with the Jamila 2010, and I only left it in for an hour!

Shdwdrgn

OK, guess I'll give it a shot and see what happens.  Thanks!

Shdwdrgn

I just wanted to touch back and say that the Jamila 2009 (the 2010 was apparently sold out?) did a great job!  Henna, lemon juice and honey, let it sit about 10 hours, then put it on for 4 hours.  Got a nice red tone over the areas that have had henna before, and I have nice streaks of deep reddish-brown, red, and copper through all of the new hair.  Thanks for the replies, and I promise I won't wait so long before I henna again!

Magical Mystery Girl

I'm so happy it tuened out! I'd love to see photos. :)