step-by-step instructions for celebration henna

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
thetreetops
step-by-step instructions for celebration henna

what's your perfect way to mix celebration henna?

Jen
Re: step-by-step instructions for celebration henna

I mix it with straight apple juice to the consistnecy of stiff mashed pototoes. Cover that with plastic wrap, and let it stand about 4 hours someplace warm, but not hot. (I keep mine in the sunshine coming in the window or near the stove while I have it set low.) After its had 4 hours to rest, I stir it and test a dab on the heel of my hand for a few minutes. If it comes back bright orange I use it or freeze it. If not, I check it again about once an hour until it does. Usually with this recipe and Celebration Henna, it takes about 6 or 6 hours total. When its ready to use, I thin the paste with water to a workable consistency.

Jen

And today, I'm in a bit of a hurry to get it on my head before I have to work. I mixed 100 g Celebration with just a splash of lemon and mostly tap-warm water. I set it in TOP of the stove with the oven set to 175. Its clearly ready at 1 1/2 hours. Its giving crazy neon orange in a test on my palm.

*Disclaimer - This is NOT a best-practices example!!! Try at your own risk.

Mani

Jen, is this your recipe for hair or for body art?

Jen

Oh! I'm so sorry I didn't see this for so long. That is my recipe for hair!!! WHat I should have said is...

Mix with LEMON to a texture like stif mashed potatoes. Cover with plastic wrap at room temp for 3 or 4 hours. Add 1 and 1/2 tablespoons of terp. Stir in almost 1/4 cup sugar, recover and let it stand another 3 or 4 hours. Start testing for dye release. 

So sorry!!!