“Celebration” packaging problem

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
WednesdayRowan
“Celebration” packaging problem

Mixed some Celebration henna this am, clearly there is a better way to do this…

I tried for a while to shift the henna down for the package edge so I could cut it without losing the henna at the package edge, it did not want to move down.

I cut the package about half way at the seam, angling the cut up, hoping to roll the edge down to reseal.

I had some difficulty getting the henna out, it was very clingy to the package.

Once I had my henna out I wanted to move the henna that was still clinging to the top edge of the package down so I could roll the edge down and clip it closed.

It would not shift with gentle movements of the package.

Thinking to open the cut a bit wider and push it down I held the package gently on either side of the opening and gently (so the henna would not phoof out more, as it had since opening it) attempted to move the sides apart

With no feeling of resistance the sides split open half way down the package dumping henna on the counter and into the sink (on me, on the floor… it really flies).

I swear, I was not rough with the package. I do a lot of arts and crafts, I have pretty fine motor control.

I re-packaged it in a Ziploc (is that as effective to keep it fresh?)

First time I have had this happen, I guess there was something I should have done differently, repackage it at first?

Mani
Re: “Celebration” packaging problem

I place the original packaging in a resealable bag, then cut it open.  That way the powder is contained.  After I have measured what I need, I squeeze as much air as possible out of the bag, zip it closed, and toss it in the freezer.  Works like a charm!

Malynda
Re: “Celebration” packaging problem

I s.l.o.w.l.y pull the top seam apart, just like opening a bag of chips.  It breaks the vaccuum seal and the air going in keeps the henna powder sucked down inside the package.  Been doing it that way for years = no more powder poofing all over the place.  Store it as Mani suggests.