Hi, I was wondering if henna can be used on the eyelids as eyeshadow or to line eyes?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
smilebaby123
Hi, I was wondering if henna can be used on the eyelids as eyeshadow or to line eyes?

Hi there,

I can't afford truly permanent makeup so I wanted to try henna. I have worked with henna paste once in the past. I just want an eyeshadow that lasts a few days-week or two without the need of reapplying. I want a medium brown color for my lids and a slightly darker brown for the crease and lower lid. But I don't want it to look painted on...I want it to look soft like a powder eyeshadow. That is it really.

Is it safe as long as I don't get any in my eyes while applying?

Also, is it possible to soften henna so that it does not produce an obvious drawn-on, well-defined look that people mostly want out of ordinary body tattoos?

It is possible to get the henna less of a reddish tint right? With indigo?

Thanks!

Carrie
Re: Hi, I was wondering if henna can be used on the eyelids ...

Henna paste is not considered safe to use around the eyes, sorry!  

Maggie
Re: Hi, I was wondering if henna can be used on the eyelids ...

I second what Carrie said. I also wanted to add that there'd be no point to henna your eyelids, the skin on your face is pretty thin so a stain doesn't last more then a couple of days now think of the skin on your eyelids. It's much thinner, so you'd get little to no stain and it'd have no lasting power even if you did get some kind of stain. Put your cone down, step back from the henna ;)