PLEASE have insurance if you are a working artist

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
LemonSugarHenna
PLEASE have insurance if you are a working artist

Here's Why...

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=178470&id=616769655&ref=mf

The Flea Market where I was set up this saturday is(was) under a huge big top tent. A huge gust of wind came along and snapped 4 of the safety straps out of the asphalt and ripped a huge hole up to the big poles in the center. The big poles flying around loosed the awning beams which fell onto my and a few other vendors booths. My tent was crumpled and tossed in the air like paper. 

Please have insurance if you work events!

jamilahhennacre...
Re: PLEASE have insurance if you are a working artist

Was anyone hurt?

LemonSugarHenna

Yes. The two women in my booth got scrapes, I got bruises, many others had near death accidents and other minor injuries, and one lady was taken to the hospital with a concussion.

Mani

I would hope that the flea market carries liability insurance.  You were set up under their tent, which came unstaked and caused harm to persons and property.  Their liability insurance should cover those damages.  You should check with them about filing a claim on their insurance. 

dyp

I agree with Mani!

The Liability falls under the event not you as an artist. Your insurance should cover your liability in-case your henna hurts someone. Please check your policy to see if it covers your equipment and belongings, many policies do not. 

If the event did not have coverage, then the people that put up the tent should. I would inquire about filing a claim for either of those two parties. 

LemonSugarHenna

The owner of the Flea  Market is also the tent owner, and he has asked everyone to submit an itemized list of damages items, but I'm wondering how intent he is on filing for us? Shouldn't he have given us his company's name?