Random Question...

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Calliope
Random Question...

SO as far as I know, this has happened just about every time I've hennaed my hand (I don't do it very frequently) and I've been doing henna for a few years now. Normally do it in the evening, seal it for the night, and take it off in the morning. So in the morning when I go to take off the paste there's a part of my hand that feels a little sensitive, sorta like the slight burning you get after handling chiles. But the thing is, this sensitive area is only in one small, specific spot near the area where my thumb meets the rest of my hand. Sometimes that little spot doesn't stain as well as the rest of my hand, either. After the first day, post paste removal, that spot feels fine though.

I've never hennaed my right hand, so I don't know if it's the same case there, but I've never had any irritation anywhere else. So, I dunno, thought I'd bring it up and see if anyone has anything to say about this. It's never stopped me from using henna and I always thought it was just a weird little coinkydink.

Mani
Re: Random Question...

I have a little spot on my calf like that.  It is a little patch about the size of a dime, that doesn't stain quite as dark and is easily irritated.  I think it may be a bit of scar tissue or something that blends well with the rest of my skin and is only really noticable when I henna it.  What do you use to terp your henna?  Spots like that can also indicate that you have a mild allergy to some component of your paste.  You might try a bit of unterped henna on it to see if there is a difference, if you are curious. 

Calliope

haha, yeah, my first thought was that I might have a VERY localized allergy to the tea tree oil that I use. Or a small patch of some kind of skin condition. But the spot is so small, maybe like a 1/4in in diameter and it's not scar tissue. 

I'll have to do a non-terped henna test next time, just to check it out. It's just sort of interesting to me that out of all the places on my body, there's only one tiny spot that has an issue.

Blurberrybuzz

There is an acupunture point there.  Perhaps your chi was blocked and the henna has unblocked it.  Often stangnant chi that get moving will hurt.