Triangles or rectangles?

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Nicole
Triangles or rectangles?

I'm trying to standardize my cone rolling, but I can't decide whether to use triangles or rectangles!  I've tried both, but I guess I haven't really done enough to really get a feel for what differences there are, if any.

Which do you prefer?  Why?  Is there any difference with application, or is it just ease of rolling?  Is one more secure, or easier to fill?  Any other differences?

Thanks so much for you input!

Nicole

Malynda
Re: Triangles or rectangles?

I use rectangles.  I mark the roll of cellophane to the width I like my rectangles (4"), then use a wicked-sharp razor knife to cut the roll into sections.  I then have easy to handle, pre-measured rolls of cellophane and simply unroll to the length I prefer (6"-7") and cut.

I have used triangles in the past, but had leaking issues.  It's been rectangles for many, many years and no problems.

Mani

I started out with triangles and really liked them, but switched to rectangles because they are easier and less time consuming to cut.  Cone-rolling is my least favorite henna chore, so the faster I get it over with, the better.

Jen

I'm a triangle fan. I can't seem to make cones exactly the shape I like with a rectangle. Whatever works for you is YOUR right way!!!

Heather

I think triangles make nicer cones... but rectangles are way faster to cut. If you can't tell the difference:

Go with rectangles if you're feeling lazy - they're about 40% quicker to cut!
Or...go with triangles if you want to be eco-friendly - they use considerably less material.

I find cone-rolling (and even cutting) meditative, so I don't mind spending the extra time on triangles.

Sunshine Henna
I never tried to roll a rectangle.. But, gonna give it a shot cuz I do hate cutting the paper. I was taught on triangles and never deviated. Kymberlee
Blurberrybuzz

I like triangles.  I've done both, but triangles work better for me.  I also like them small.  I usually cut a 10x10 square into 4 triangles or a 7x7 square into two triangles. 

Here's how I roll 'em

http://www.flickr.com/photos/blurberrybuzz/3350784508/in/set-72157623461...

Victoria