umm, did i mess up or just impatient?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
angel82
umm, did i mess up or just impatient?

ok so i received my package of 100g of celebration henna, i mixed it earlier about 9pm. i used only henna powder and lemon juice because i read that sugar is not good to use if it is very humid here...which it is! i covered with saran wrap and its been sitting in the warmest part of the house. i do not know the exact temp, but i do know its warmer than 73 degrees. its been a lil over 4 hours now and all my paste is still a dark brownish color; i do not see green underneath. i tested it on the palm of my hand and let it sit for 5 mins. i can barely see a light orange stain.

how long to i have to wait until its ready to be used or frozen?? did i mess up somewhere??

Niterun
Re: umm, did i mess up or just impatient?

I think you are OK. I used the same mix, with a drop of honey added just befor application, but I let it set about 12hrs.  When I applied, I went to bed with double plastic cap and a scarf.  I got great color with it.

Mani
Re: umm, did i mess up or just impatient?

You just need a bit more time.  Depending on the henna, it can take anywhere from 8-24 hours for good dye release.  I think Celebration is one of the quicker ones, but you can still expect 8-12 hours.  Your paste may not show green on bottom, brown on top.  Some do, some don't.  Also, even though it is humid where you are, a bit of sugar might not be a bad thing.  It helps the paste stick to the skin and gives it a bit of smoothness and elasticity.  If you mixed the entire 100 grams, it wouldnt hurt to add a couple of teaspoons of sugar or artificial sweetner.  Be sure you don't let your henna get too warm.  Between 75-85 F is good, higher than that and you risk killing the stain.