From Hair to Hands (and feet!)

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
PenelopeIris
From Hair to Hands (and feet!)

Hello everyone. I have been using henna to dye my hair for almost a year now. Finally got most of the dye grown out/cut off and now I have an almost pure henna head! Anyways, I have been getting really interested in learning to draw henna tattoos. Been practicing on lined paper with a pen and think I might be ready to start using real henna in a cone. 

I have a frozen bag of paste from the last time I did my hair. I was wondering if next time I thaw it out for my hair if I could just "terp" a little bit of my hair paste and be able to use it for my skin and get a nice stain. I used a simple mix of henna and lemon juice for paste. It was a very smooth paste so I'm not sure if I'll need to add a saccharide.

Any advice would be great, thank you!

Maggie
Re: From Hair to Hands (and feet!)

I think you could certainly start with your hair henna as it is a perfect mix. Depending on how touchy the henna is, you might lose a little dye from defrosting, terping and waiting but I doubt it'll be much and besides it gives you a place to start. Can't wait to see your work!

Ps

If it's dry where you are (including indoor heating), adding some sugar twin etc won't hurt just don't go too crazy or it's runny mud.