color effects of cassia and henna on dark hair

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
ierne1st
color effects of cassia and henna on dark hair

what results can I expect if I add cassia to my henna? My hair is naturally a med./dark brown. I've been using henna on my hair for several years now, but only henna. I'm wanting to tone down the burgandy a bit to a more coppery red. I'm currently using celebration mixed with strong chamomile tea.(cooled to room temp)

Jen
Re: color effects of cassia and henna on dark hair

You can't lighten with plant dyes, but you can start adding cassia to your henna to get your new growth to a lighter color. On medium to dark brown hair I don't know that you can really get a soft copper, but you could get a light auburn.

First, don't put any more henna in the length of your hair. Just apply it to new growth at the root. WIth each new application use a little more cassia and use a little less henna. When you get the color you like at the root, keep using that recipe as your new routine. Eventually the darker hair will grow out. I know this is a long and tediuos process but its the best way to make a slow change without a stark line of demarcation where you made the change.

ierne1st
Re: color effects of cassia and henna on dark hair

Ok thanks. That's kind of what I was thinking, but wanted to check and be sure.