What do you wear to work?

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
CCartwrightJones
admin
What do you wear to work?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-12418046 What does your boss wear to work? What would you like to wear to work?
Jen
Re: What do you wear to work?

I know what my boss wears, but she may or may not know that I usually wear my jammies to work! I wonder how much telecommuting expedites the process of our surge toward dressing down.

Gbear

Jeans?!?! That's insane. I have to wear a black suite, muted color button down shirt and black shoes with a heel no more than 2 inches EVERYDAY. But...I do get to spend my money on clothes I want to wear rather than clothes I have to wear for work. I get by with two black jackets, two black pants and two black skirts. 5 shirts and 1 pair of "heels". :)

Hennacat
admin

What line of work are you in Gbear?

What I wear to work depends on what I am doing on a particular day. If I am meeting clients I tend to dress international business standard, business casual, or smart casual. If I am giving a presentation I dress international business standard with a creative twist. If I am working at home, then jeans or yoga pants, jumpers etc. I try to pitch my look according to the work I am doing.

Gbear

I'm a concierge/front desk manager for a high-rise residential property in Las Vegas. However, I am going to school for court reporting so that we can move and I can still have work! I guess it's bound to always be suits for me :(

hennakatrin
admin

I have been a really lucky in so far - I have never had a position that demands special outfit.

When I went to school, up to basci school we had uniforms, all over the republic. And we hated it, I think all of us. As those changed I think during my school-time I've had 3 different ones.

At  work - jeans, mostly, and whatever you feel OK with as long as it is not extremly extravagant and lousy.  Have worked at IT-company at testing and support-material writing and been secretary at NGO.
Happily - no extreme demands for outfit.