Christmas is coming...

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Lehana
Christmas is coming...
Ok all the store have had Christmas decorations since like September *eye roll* Has anyone started to make and save christmas designs? I am thinking of: holly wristlets Poisonetta Bells Doves Chrsitmas rose
Maggie
Re: Christmas is coming...

I put my first decoration up on Nov 12 at like 1am lol

I've got an idea for a design but I am concerned it won't turn out as beautiful as I had hoped. I want to do framed pictures of Victorian Christmas scenes including the first picture of the royal family (Victoria and her family) showing the traditional "Christmas". However it would have to be terrible small so I don't know :(

If you check out hennatribe they have a holiday book for free that has a couple cute Christmas designs.

Lehana
Ooo sounds good I'd like to see your designs some time. I think for such a detailed sene you would need a needle and syringe applicator
Maggie

lol shows you how cone dependant I am, I hadn't even thought of changing my applicators to fit my design! Oh some days I am so blonde ;) I'll have to give a go sketching it out at the very least!

Mani

You can get beautiful, fine detail with your cone.  Make a tiny opening in the cone and take your time and you can get lines equivalent to those of a super fine tip Sharpie marker.  It helps to have a larger piece of "canvas"- say an upper arm, shoulder, or back, but it's not necessary and you'll be amazed at what you can do with your cone.  Just remember that super fine lines often don't stain as dark.  To make sure there is enough henna in the line to get a good stain, lay down your thin line then lay another line of henna on top of it so that it isn't any wider, but it is taller.  Have fun!

Maggie

Very true but the design I am looking at doing and the placement is the issue. I have serious doubts that it will work no matter what applicator I use. And I am certainly not going to parade around with the end results on my arm for everyone to see while Christmas shopping. It is a beautiful picture, very ornate frame but I just don't think it would translate well into a henna design on the hand/arm.

Ashtondem

I know im late in posting but I had a friend designed a Winter Henna book with henna snowflakes and Christmas cheer. There is about 5 pages on flickr if you want to check them out a little late.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/57617628@N03/5303925291/

Maggie

Those are beautiful! Love them all!!