First feet

19 posts / 0 new
Last post
Lehana
First feet
Does anyone have a design I can use jut personally? I wanna henna the instep or arch of my foot running from heal to toe. I have seenmsome beautiful free designs but I want so ethnic super easy since it is my first try using sugared henna. All attemptsmto henna here so far have turnedminto ugly smoodgie glah! Thats why I am asking for help
Maggie
Re: First feet

For arches I have to say I am partical to Moroccan designs although I've seen some Arab designs that look pretty good. Unfortunately I don't have any links but I'd suggest searching Flickr or Facebook. As long as you don't take credit for the design (if you post pictures online) and credit the actual designer it shouldn't be a problem.

Lehana
Thanx Maggie you always know what todo.
Maggie

LOL no not always, sometimes I just shrug! ;)

Lehana
Did my feet last night with a super cool terp and honey mix it was an amazingly deep orange when impatience got the best of me and I took the paste off this morning. Sadly I have to wash my hair and of course shower. I hope they will not be screwed because of it :P hehehe I'll post photos once it is developed
Lehana
Ps I fell asleep forgetting to put the Mylar cone in the freezer I hope it will be ok since it was a hot night. Silly me too forgetful
Maggie

It should be alright, I have cones in a cooler for 12hrs +  a day during summer festivals. It keeps them cool but not forever and they work perfectly fine. I might caution you if you were doing paying customers but since it's on yourself it'll be a great way to experiment. I look forward to seeing what design you did!

Blurberrybuzz

that part of the foot stains so well, that if you left it on overnight, a shower won't really affect it.

Desdemonas Designs

I know this is a little late.... but I have sole of the foot designs in both "Aloha" and "Aegean".  I really love the look of henna'ed soles!  It makes for such a nice "surprise" when you sit down on the beach and prop your feet up :)

Deborah Brommer

Lehana
Wow that would be awesome to see DES! Btw I took photos but how to I get them in the post?
Lehana
Maggie

Cute Lehana! I usually get one arch done not both. I totally need more yoga to get both feet done lol You know working on your sole does look pretty good too but it's much harder to reach!

Lehana
I can reach both soles ok but it is a bit harder so I am too scared to freestyle a pattern would be better, or at least a basic plan. What will be super duper hard is trying to do both hands meeep! A cool idea I had was mulberries since they stain skin also I am working on building some easy small designs as someone asked if I could ho to a kids hospital and help give girls with body image issues something pretty so they can start feeling special.
Maggie

I just did my right hand, I think it looks terrible but I wanted to keep my left free and clear for my Christmas designs (just in time for Christmas shopping). I would suggest indigo but it shouldn't be done on anyone under 16 and well it's more a pain to do then henna is (in my opinion at least). Mulberries are a good idea I remember those stains from when I was a kid! Just remember if you ever do your soles be careful how you show them off, it's an insult to people from the Middle East (though most seem pretty cool once they see what you're trying to show them).

Lehana
Thanx for the tip I'll be careful. Although I would usually only take a photo, is that offensive to? Or maybe if I was on the ground sitting I Dian style in sandals it might show but generally I wear pretty modest clothing. Especially in summer since I turn beet red.
Lehana
Ps When would you add the berries? To the sour liquid or knead them I to the mix? I thought the over ripe ones would have fructose to make nice and stringy henna. Although I get I would need to strai. The mash or it would clog the cone
Maggie

I'd add them in, when you had your acidic liquid. I would think they'd also provide some more acid to your mix so you might even want to play around the PH strips first because I remember eating a couple of those berries and my face almost turning inside out! Good thing to know what level you're at, and if it's high enough you won't need to add much more lemon juice (or tea or whatever your acid is). And definately strain the heck out of those things, smush them real good and then strain until you can't strain anymore, seeds would be a bugger to get through a tip.

Well I have at least one picture up of my soles that I did a couple years ago and I've had more then one comment from people claiming that it's against Islam. Well other then that facts A) it's not against Islam it's a culture thing not religion thing and B) I am actually not Muslim so it wouldn't matter to me either way, the comments were rather annoying so just keep that in mind. Personally I'd say the heck with them henna what you'd like where you'd like and then share the pictures with the rest of us.

Lehana
Ph papers are very expensive here so I use litmus paper turns blue to pink but the berries are already pink lol also I never had a sour one not like raspberries these tend to lean on the sweet side Lol went to pick some today walked home with purple face and arms since the really juicy ones fell off the tree onto me!
Maggie

LMAO oh yes I do remember those days! I had to walk maybe a block to our closest mulberry feast. They were awesome and I never realized until I moved into the city what a treat it was to have free edible food just hanging there!