Amnesty Day, Remembrance Day, PoppyDay...

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Lehana
Amnesty Day, Remembrance Day, PoppyDay...
Amnesty day, remembrance day, poppy day... It has lots of names all over the world but most people will have heard of the peace truce on the eleventh hour, eleventh day of the eleventh month. People wear poppies and have a moments silence. But why am I talking about it on a henna page? Well I thought it would be kinda cool to share poppy designs and peace tributes in our favorite way of expression. Also my poppy looks like a daisy and I need help *eye roll*
Maggie
Re: Amnesty Day, Remembrance Day, PoppyDay...

What a wonderful idea! You know I hadn't even thought of incorperating henna into Rememberance day. I'll have to work on these designs in time for next year. Great idea though Lehana and I am sure the vets would be honoured that you'd even think of them!

Lest we forget!

Nicole

Wow, it's like you read my mind.  I was thinking of this last night too.  I was thinking, "I wish I had thought of this sooner."  But alas, I decided to do nothing about it because I wasn't going to any service today, I still have henna from last week, and I want a clean hand for Eid.  Next year maybe...that would be a nice fundraiser actually, doing small poppies at the legion on Remembrance day (if I knew how to draw a poppy :))

Maggie

Nicole, the fundraiser idea was BRIALLANT!! I am planning on being a member of the legion by next Rememberance Day so I could work that in! Thanks hun!

Nicole

No problem, glad I could help :)  If you come up with a great poppy design, please share!

Maggie

Will do!