If one were to henna their eyebrows....

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
Maggie
If one were to henna their eyebrows....

So as I know it's not FDA approved etc etc I want to say that no one should put henna near their eyes, it could be dangerous. In no way am I advocating henna'ing eyebrows whatsoever...

But hypothetically speaking..if someone WERE to want to do it, what techniques might they use?? ;)

Lori B.
Re: If one were to henna their eyebrows....

I think the most important part would be covering the eyes so that no henna at all gets near them. I would be a little too paranoid to try eye brows myself. Even the fumes from mascara and liquid eyeliner make my eyes burn.

noisrevni

I would be extra careful with using vaseline/cold cream/other acceptable dye preventer anywhere near it that I possibly didn't want dyed. I'd also probably go light on the paste to avoid drips. You can always reapply if it goes smoothly but it'll be a month if it gets messy before it comes out of your skin.

desertholly

hypothsis:  one could conceivably mix the paste a bit thicker to prevent drips, apply carefully with a cone, and cover with scotch tape or paper medical tape to keep it from drying out too quickly.  and one could keep in mind that henna fades quickly from facial skin since it is so very thin. 

Maggie

Thank you ladies, I will keep all this in mind as a hypothetical situation ;)

1stimestar

Lol post some hypothetical pictures please!

Blurberrybuzz
Maggie

Those hypothetically match very nicely Blur. I think once mine grow in more I just might hypothetically do mine too! And when you do yours do you use tape?

Blurberrybuzz

No tape or vaseline.  I use a regular cone.  No drips or mess.  This was the first application of Summer 2010.  Often I will apply it once for an hour then let it mature and apply it again for a few hours. I henna every 10-14 days taking care to not fade out too much between applications.  I don't like the Ronald McDonald orange :)

Maggie

My hair would love you! I am lucky if I get to my roots once a month. I went the entire summer without ever getting a chance to do them until Sept came around. Then again when you have 44+ inches of hair it can be a real pain. Alright regular cone for easy no drip application. So 1 hour, rinse then again right away for a bit longer?

Blurberrybuzz

I don't henna my hair that often, just the eyebrows.  The hair usually goes 8 weeks between applications.  I'm in the long hair camp with you! 

Do the eyebrows, wait a 24-36 hours then reapply and leave it on longer.  The oxidized stain will hide the bright orange of the second application. :)

Maggie

Great! Now I feel comfortable d..thinking of hypothetically henna'ing eyebrows. Yes I need all these facts to think of hypothetical situations LOL

Ah yes, the LHC I do love my hair don't get me wrong but it can be a pain, literally when you have a couple pounds of henna on your head.

hennakatrin
admin

I henna my eyebrows more or less regularily, too. I use to mix some indigo into it, to get more brown. I have experimented with 2-step henna-indigo, too - jet-black is not for me.

I think only thing one has to be aware of - eyebrow hair are quite different from hair. Mine take henna in more quickly for example..

Thanx for all tips - will try some of it this weekend. :)

sandra

Well l use to dye my eyebrows all the time while l was dying my hair with box colours.Not advocating it as a smart thing or anything but it's no problem to apply it at all, unless you're realy clumsy.l just prepare small quantity,apply carefully using often just cotton buds, so it doesn't  get on skin bellow eyebrows,'cause of the eyes of course, and just lie down for 5 or 15 min.or whatever the time is needed.That was the easiest way for me,after all it is on your face and it will start to move down if you're in any vertical position.If you want to be extra thorough,you can cut little peaces(one for each eyebrow)of any plastic bag for groceries and just put it over your eyebrows(not covering the eyes).But that's realy not necessary and can be overkill.  

Maggie

I can just imagine this conversation;

"Hunny what is on your face?"

"Oh don't worry dear my eyebrows just went shopping"

LOL alright I must have been out waiting for the bus in the cold for too long ;)

Maggie

Just wanted to mention if someone hypothetically had a client wanting their eyebrows henna'ed be sure to ask them if they HAVE any eyebrows to begin with!! Or you could end up just henna'ing them on..which I don't think "would" work being on the face. Hmpf!

Maggie

Ahh day two brought some beautiful hypothetical results, so much so that I now look like a hypothetical Bozo the clown because I thought I'd try it out too. Now I feel like the first time I henna'ed my hair "please get it darker, PLEASE get darker" lol