Henna on keloid skin?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
bethlock
Henna on keloid skin?

I had a girl call and ask if I could henna her keloid skin.  I don't really know much about keloid skin except that it's an overgrown scar.  Has anyone every henna'ed keloid skin?

CCartwrightJones
admin
Re: Henna on keloid skin?

The color of the stain is different from the rest of the skin, and longevity is different.  How different depends on some of the other variables.

Jen

I have. I did flowers around large keloids that had begun as acne. I used them as flower centers. In this case there was more pigment in the scaring, and the henna stain on the non-scarred skin ended up matching the non hennaed scar tissue. Of course this isn't always the case. whether the scaring is lighter or darker, it will be certainly be different, and it will doubtless take up the henna differently than unblemished skin. I would make sure to work with the scarring as part of the design rather than just trying to hide it by going over it.

bethlock

Thanks so much for the info and suggestions, ladies!  :)  I'll give her a call back tomorrow.

ladytetsu

Don't forget glitter and temptu as options, too - they can help punch up a pattern (like Jen's flower centers) and draw attention away from the scar as a scar.  Like the others said, work with it, it'll find a flow of its own.