schweaty palms!

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
ladytetsu
schweaty palms!

(Does anybody remember that SNL bit with Alec Baldwin?  aaaaaaanyway. . .)

So, here's me, the happy henna artist, getting ready to decorate myself for the weekend and some later events, and then it hits me.  I have the world's sweatiest palms!  I need to wrap becasue I sleep very restlessly, and I do well with lemon-sugar and paper towels taped down, and I can even wrap that in an Ace sport wrap and it's solid as all get out.  But my palms ooze and move and just turn to yuck. . .

I've tried balling up a clean paper towel in the cup of my palm to absorb sweat, but that doesn't always cut it.  Anybody got any silver bullets?

Malynda
Re: schweaty palms!

Reduce or elimanate sugar in the henna you use on your palm.  Use toilet paper instead of paper towels.

Jen

I was thinking you could put a piece of one of those doggie training pads or a maxi pad in your palm before you wrap...

Blurberrybuzz

I <3 that SNL bit!

Unrolled cotton balls on the henna, then wrap in TP, lots of layers of TP.

Anoushka

..maybe not really helpful regarding the sweat,but i have been known to tape my hand to a piece of  cardboard  to prevent my fingers to curl up and smudge everything during the night...

Luna

If I spray my palms with four or five coats of my fave Frozen Stiff, I can sleep without tape at all.  This may allow your palms to breathe sufficiently that they don't sweat the henna off, but I'd sure test a small design first so you don't ruin your sheets!  You could also tape over the sprayed henna with paper tape. This should be just enough to soak up ooze, but also let your hands breathe.

Luna

If I spray my palms with four or five coats of my fave Frozen Stiff, I can sleep without tape at all.  This may allow your palms to breathe sufficiently that they don't sweat the henna off, but I'd sure test a small design first so you don't ruin your sheets!  You could also tape over the sprayed henna with paper tape. This should be just enough to soak up ooze, but also let your hands breathe.

Malynda

Paper tape was a disaster on my palms.  Mine aren't overly shweaty, but definitely damp, and the tape didn't absorb any of it... just turned the paste to sticky mush, which in turn made the tape lose it's adhesiveness, causing it to move around and mess up the design even more.  I can use it around my fingers, but I do lose a little definition as moisture causes the stain to wick away from the paste.  For crispy lines on swampy palms, t.p. and less sugar do the trick every time.

Desdemonas Designs

Not too many recent SNL skits I like, but that one is BALLS to the wall, great :)

Since my palms take color so well, I try to scrape off that little dime sized area in the very middle that gets the most scrunch-effect after a few hours.  That's plenty of time for the color to absorb, and then you really cut down the possibility of dissastrous smoooshing.

Deborah Brommer

ladytetsu

You guys all have awesome ideas - well, except Jen. ;)  Deb, I actually did that for my Karva Chauth henna, and it worked PERFECTLY!  I've been using some aussie hair gel and getting better results than taping, too!

Yeah, SNL got bumpy after about '87 or so, but that one just makes me lol!!!