Blue mid-body stains

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
CCartwrightJones
admin
Blue mid-body stains

http://www.flickr.com/photos/50164213@N02/4606591520/

Blue does best on skin that is not exposed to the sun.  Sun damage and suntans inhibit blue staining. 

Bellies and thighs take blue beautifully!

Danmara
Re: Blue mid-body stains

When I was experimenting with indigo, mine NEVER looked that good! Even after like 5 applications it wasn't that dark!

Spellstone
admin

Hi, did you ever see the technique demonstrated live? It's very simple once you have seen it work but the devil is in the detail.

You have to be swift and confident with the brush - even the slightest hesitation will allow the dye to wimp out on the brush before you contact the skin. You also have to find the sweet spot in the vat that will give you the best of dye without introducing a lot of oxygen to the vat.

Sadly if you don't get it in 2 or max 3 applications further repetition is unlikely to improve the stain. It's usually a problem with vat management or poor technique.

A

Danmara

Oh I'm sure. *lol* I had a sample which I had fun playing with until some moisture got to it and ruined it....

I actually, if I'm going to do blue, like plain old blue bic pen. I'm not kidding...it works great for me. I've had people compliment me on my full leg "tattoos" before. LOL They had no idea they weren't real.