Celebration vs. Punjabi Prime

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
celiacarrion
Celebration vs. Punjabi Prime

Ello!

Hoping to achieve dark red color.  Did 4 way strand tests with Celebration and Punjabi Prime, both with lemon and apple juice.  Left to dye release about 6 to 8 hrs.  When tested lemon had dark stain on my palms and apple slight stain.  Couldn't use right away so I froze them.  When finally tested I let them dye for 4 hrs.  Results.....PP/Apple:coppery red, PP/lemon:copper slight red, C/apple:copper orange and lemon was the same.  Everyone raves about the dye in Celebration but it came out lighter and more orange then PP....I ordered the PP, since it came out redder, and am waiting for dye release, with apple juice, right now to be used in a couple of hours.    Also note that I let the oxidation process go for about a week...and all the strands came out only slightly darker then the orginal color...only the PP with apple came out with slightly more red while the others just seemed to become a slightly darker orange. However, I am starting to feel concerned that the Celebration didn't work out and am suprised that the lemon didn't darken the strands, I expected the apple not to darken much but the lemon i expected to...  Was it because of my hair? (completely faded red that its orange) or was it maybe timing etc? Freezing?  Help or confort would be appreciated xp hehe.

Thank you!

CCartwrightJones
admin
Re: Celebration vs. Punjabi Prime

I would test hair harvested from your hairbrush rather than strand tests .... you'll get a more randomized sample.  Different parts of your head produces slightly different sorts of hair (some is more exposed to sun and weather than other, some has more oils and melanin than other).

Its my experience that Celebration releases very fast. It might have been going into demise by the time you tested.

Depending on what your base hair is, melanin content and physical structure, it may take more than one round of henna to get the color you want.

celiacarrion
Re: Celebration vs. Punjabi Prime

Oh! I ment that i tested hair from my comb sorry I guess I phrased that wrong! Anyways hmm yea I forgot that I had seen reviews about it releasing dye fast! Well I can understand that it probably did demise with the apple juice maybe thats why the stain on my palm was so pale, but when I tested the lemon on my palm it came with a good dark stain....unless I have also read that sometimes a palm test isn't always accurate...?  I've actually got the PP/Apple juice mix on my head right now hopefully it will turn out good:) Thanks!