Lighting......

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
barefootgirl
Lighting......

So, I've got a sweet 16 party at a beach club this past saturday evening.  Nice.

I get there and they have me put into a DARK corner, without much

provision to add any light,  they did redirect a spotlight from 10' away,

which was fair, but whenever someone stood in front of the table to look at books,

it was blocked.   I basically worked in the dark for 2 hours.....  Now I realize I must

be prepared and come with lighting for such situations.  My question is, what's the

best thing to use, I'd like to to be fairly lightweight,  a battery option (as this place did

not have an outlet nearby), I've seen Kim B use the little headlamp telletubbie headband

attachment, but I'm not sure thats for me... Does anybody have a suggestion for a lamp

they've found to work out for such situations?   Thanks... Donna

ladytetsu
Re: Lighting......

http://www.overstock.com/Crafts-Sewing/Naturalight-LED-Matte-Silver-Clip-on-Light/4867345/product.html?cid=123620&fp=F&mr:trackingCode=3786163C-52C1-DF11-98FF-0019B9C043EB&mr:referralID=NA

I use this and the headband depending on my mood. This one is nice because it runs on AAAs - get a rechargeable set and it's even green. :)  I got mine at a local art store for not much more than that listing, just google naturalight LED or something comparable.

Maggie

http://hennacaravan.com/shop/prep.html

Second from the bottom.

I am planning on getting one of these because those rock climber, splunking things gives me a headache. If the link gets pulled then it's available at HennaC....van.....the company logo is an elephant..hope that's enough clues.

barefootgirl

Thanks ladies, thats just the kind of things I was looking for!

Mani

I love my head lamp from HC.  Even when I have a lighted booth I have used it to dispel annoying shadows (inevitably my big head or my hand or something gets on the way and makes shadows).  I like the clip light idea, too.  That goes on the "to buy for next season" list for sure!