Does age of henna affect how long a stain will last?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Heritage
Does age of henna affect how long a stain will last?

This question has probably been answered already, but I may have missed it.   I know that the age of henna affects the darkness of the stain, but does it affect the longevity?   I have been uing some old henna to practivce and even though it gives a nice and dark initial stain, it doesn't last long at all.  If I get 4-5 days out of it, it's a lot.   I just ordered some Celebration Henna (cant wait to get it :)), but the henna I am using now just doesn't seem to last.   This past batch is a Rajasthani Summer 08 harvest made with lemon juice, molasses and Tea Tree EO.

Again,

Thanks for your help,

Inna (Heritage)

Nene
Re: Does age of henna affect how long a stain will last?

There are many factors for a stains longevity. Sounds like maybe too much EO's? Dark color short stain life...

Mani

I have seen short stain life from old henna powder, but only if the powder was improperly stored.  I have also seen short stain life from old cones that have been thawed and re-frozen many times.

Heritage

Thanks to you both.   The henna was definitely Improperly stored....in a hot FL garage for 2.5 years.   I didn't know much about the art...so I bought it...put it in my garage (at a usual 100 degrees) and forgot that it was there.   I guess I should be glad that I am getting any stain at all :).

I know better now and just ordered some Celebration Henna....should be here tomorrow or monday.

You guys are the best.