Skin resistant to henna??

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
daydreamer
Skin resistant to henna??

I did a hummingbird on my inner arm a few nights ago.  Looks good except for a few spots that didn't seem to take.  Strange thing is the spots are perfetly round!  If they hadn't been so round, I would have thought it was just an bubble where I didn't get the henna ON the skin.

http://s822.photobucket.com/albums/zz150/daydream-designs/what%20the%20h...

So the question is......can skin be resistant to henna?

CCartwrightJones
admin
Re: Skin resistant to henna??

Skin can be resistant to henna, though I haven't seen anything before that looks like that. 

Something might be in the henna that prevents stain.

Something can be on the skin that prevents stain. Aerosol something?

What happened to your skin previously that might affect the skin's structure? Burn?  Virus? 

daydreamer

We eat alot of bacon around here (I know, I know!!)  could be burns from the grease splatter.  Other than that, I have no idea! 

I cleaned the area with alcohol before applying the henna, so there should have been nothing on my skin that would prevent it from staining.  Unless the aqua pencil did it.  But it's never done that before!

I use the KISS method to mix my henna.  And I'm using the Purity henna, so I don't know what could be in it to keep it from staining. 

Color me befuddled!!

Flavia@hennacaravan (not verified)

your photo is so close up , it is hard to see for me.

But skin changes over time, and perhaps it needed exfoliation first ?

Or there was skin damage, or bacon protecting the skin in the form of little spatters.

You may never know-

CCartwrightJones
admin
BreellaBlue
I have the opposing problem.

I have the opposing problem. I have areas of my hands that stain super dark. It appears to be places where I have psoriasis. Maybe these are areas where you have burns.

Mani

There may have been some air bubbles in your paste that you weren't aware of.  Once this design fades, try something new in the same area, maybe with a different cone.  If the spots show up in the same place, it's probably your skin.  Otherwise, it's the paste.