Henna swelling and running together

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
karmicwonder
Henna swelling and running together

Everytime I do henna ...especially on my hand...the paste swells and runs together.

I have done other people with the same exact mix and this does not happen on their hands.

My body temp tends to run COOLER than most people's so I don't think it is body heat?

But maybe I have hot hands!

Or some other reason?

Nicole
Re: Henna swelling and running together

Do you sweat more than usual?  Like do you ever get clammy hands?  That's the only thing I can think of.  I'm usually colder than most people, and I find I tend to sweat when I get too cold.

Flavia@hennacaravan (not verified)

what is your recipe? It is hard to advise you without knowing what you are using.

karmicwonder

Nicole, I DO sweat more than most people.

Flavia,  I exactly followed the instructions from the henna ordered from Henna Caravan. But any mix seems to do this on my body, especially on my hands. The same one will not do it on someone elses body.  But on me within about five minutes the design is more or less ruined by the paste running together.

I am beginning to wonder if it isn't a combo of my hands might be warmer than some people's and the lemon juice interacting funny with my hands.

Flavia@hennacaravan (not verified)

does this happen on the backs ? or just the palms?

can you add a bit less lemon juice and test ?

good luck with this dilemma

karmicwonder

On the backs is where it is worse ( and that is also where i seem to stain very light but had  a good stain this last time) and yes...I think adding less lemon juice is my next thing to try.

Thanks!

MyshMash

I had that problem once when I did henna on the inside of my knee (if you put your legs together, the bit where your knees touch eachother) and it started running together aswell. I found out why, because my leg was bent when I applied the henna, my skin was 'stretched out'. Then when I stood up my skin would be less stretched and the individual henna lines would touch eachother and run. Maybe that has something to do with your problem?

I hope that made sense btw hahah.