Your opinion please-stain Q

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Nene
Your opinion please-stain Q
Hi all, I did a henna on a friend a few weeks back. Just ran unto her again today and asked about the stain. Turns out every thing from the wrist down stained very dark, but the wrist up went from a light brown to demise immediately?!? I have hennaed her in the past and never had this problem. Here is a pic with stain on.. http://www.flickr.com/photos/ponniematin/4788505607/ Only thing that makes sense to me is she is menopausal now and is sweating a lot.. Perhaps less on the back of the hands? She follows all care instructions and makes sure to avoid h2o for a full 24 hrs... Any ideas? Opinions? Have you ever encountered this? Thnx Pon
CCartwrightJones
admin
Re: Your opinion please-stain Q

Stress, illness, some medications and hormonal fluxes will all throw henna results off.

That's why I like to test henna on something that never changes, or send it to a lab. 

Skin can be twitchy, flaky, clammy, oily, sweaty, happy, or any of the other seven dwarves ... and you can't predict which one.

Nene
Re: Your opinion please-stain Q
Thanks Catherine. I'm thinking now it was a combination of sweat and poor exfoliation. My paste had dextrose. Stuck on too well, maybe took of a layer of skin or two...(thanks V for that insight) I do agree with knowing your henna. I'm trying to start something up here with on of the universities. Perhaps, if they agree to some lab tests of locally sold death paste and some of my imported Jamila the "black henna" community here will be exposed... Even though in Canada the regulations are more relaxed then the US there is hardly a crack down of law breaking shops and artists...One can hope