Doing henna while pregnant

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
dyp
Doing henna while pregnant

So, for all the pros. 

How far into your pregnancy did you apply henna?

I am REALLY popped out there and obviously well along pregnant, ( due in October) It seems in the last month I keep getting more and more requests from people asking me to get down on the floor to do their feet. 

Is there a nice way to say I can not  do feet right now? Should I go on extended maternity leave until I am mobile again? We need the money, so I don't want to turn away gigs BUT it's to the point where getting down and up is harder and harder. 

Any thoughts?

ladytetsu
Re: Doing henna while pregnant

make 'em laugh. . . if you're preggers and they want feet, lol a bit, point to the belly and say "tchah, me too! ha ha, can I do your shoulder instead?"  Or don't.  You don't have to explain, it should be pretty clear - just tell them if they MUST have their feet done, you'll be happy to do it after you deliver, or "there's an awesome artist, ol' xyz, lemme refer you to her."  Don't give away your gigs and your money, but if you can't talk them out of feet after saying "dude, I'm seven months pregnant," then they were probably twerps to begin with.

dyp

i usually crack the " I can do it, I'm not THAT big yet" then they look at me and go " OH.... your pregnant?"  

I reply " yep ONLY 7 months along now. I'm good, I got this." 

But now the same clients are expecting me to still be able to get down almost a month later. LOL ( Like overnight I've popped!)

desertholly

I did a foot/ankle/leg for someone recently, and she just sat on her dining room table with her feet on the table too, and I sat in the chair and did her.  Worked pretty well.  I need to bug her to send me a photo.  If they have sturdy furniture you could try that.  And super congrats and best wishes for a happy, healthy baby!

Blurberrybuzz

I was fine getting down on the floor to do the feet, it was getting back up that was the hard part...lol

One thing that was helpful for me was to use a three stool system and have the client put their foot on the medium height stool and then I'd sit on the low stool.

Other than that, I just soldiered on.  For festivals, by the end of the night, I'd be on the floor and wouldn't want to get up again and wished that all I had was feet.  he he.  The hardest gig I did was Eid henna within two weeks before Butterbean was born.  Holy moly, those were the hardest feet I ever did.

Victoria

Flavia@hennacaravan (not verified)

I like Holly's idea, or if you have a tall bar stool they can sit on and you sit on a regular height chair.

Really, the 3 stool set up is how we work all the time and it saves so much wear and tear on the  artist.

OR they can stand and put the foot on a flat chair and hold on to the back of the chair for stability.

Keep working !!