Oiliness after henna for hair

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Kaybee
Oiliness after henna for hair
HI I've been hennaing my short fine hair for a few months. Is it normal for hair to become super oily? I need to wash it every two days now due to the oiliness. If it were longer hair I probably wouldn't need to but it looks awful if I don't wash it. Also when I do wash it, the longer parts of my hair feel very course and crunchy. However once it is dry it appears very healthy and shiny. Does anyone have a solution to the oiliness. I don't use any other product in my hair for styling. Just use a no cone no sls shampoo and conditioner. Thank you! Kaybee
enissel
admin
Oiliness

Hello,

How long ago did you switch to a shampoo that has no cones, and no sls. ? Sometimes with a more natural shampoo your hair goes through an adjustment period when getting used to it.

Kaybee
Oiliness
HI enissel and thank for your reply. I've been using no cones no sls for a couple of months at least. Maybe not long enough for my hair to adjust. I'm also concerned how Crunchy my hair feels when I wash it. Last application I have only applied henna to the roots. The mix I use is napur baq henna with camomile tea and a small dash of apple cider vinegar, olive oil and a couple drops essential oil. It covers my greys very well. My hair just feels so dry and course after and during shampoo but once dry it's very shiny. Thanks again.
enissel
admin
Oiliness

Hello,

Have you read our Ancient Sunrise Blog? Here is a great article on why may feel dry after using Henna. https://www.ancientsunrise.blog/full-coverage-hair-feels-dry/