how to mix henna so it doesn't oxidize as much (and maybe is a bit redder)

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
jct27
how to mix henna so it doesn't oxidize as much (and maybe is a bit redder)

I've been using Rajasthani Twilight henna for years on my medium brown/30% grey hair, and overall I love the results. However, I like it best in the first 1-3 days, before it darkens. It also is a touch too orange for me. I've been mixing with diluted lemon juice -- is there another mixing liquid or fruit acid powder that would get me less darkening and a redder (not purple/rose, not brown) tint?

Edited to add: coppery/red is ok -- I just want a brighter, more intense color that is not orange, rose, or brown. I also want to be sure to cover my greys

Thanks for any help

enissel
admin
Henna to dark

Hello,

For a more intense red color I would try the copperberry fruit acid or the kristalovino fruit acid. Both of these fruit acids give lighter brighter tones. Copperberry has antioxidants that help deter darkening. Kristalovino is very gentle on the hair and skin. If neither of these give you the desired color,  I would try changing your henna to jasmine henna which is more of a copper red.

jct27
Would the Jasmine henna still

Would the Jasmine henna still work for grey hair? I use the Twilight, even though it results in more auburn hair, because I want to cover my grays

Also, would either of these (copperberry and Kristaliovino) oxidize more than the other? I saw a comment on this forum that Kristaliovino oxidizes to a darker shade, while copperberry does not.

enissel
admin
Jasmine henna

Hello,

Yes jasmine henna will still cover the grays, a longer application may be needed. Kristalovino will oxidize more than copperberry because the copperberry contains antioxidants that deter browning and darkening of the henna.