Will an olive oil treatment strip color from my henna+indigo+amla in my hair?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
mazarine
Will an olive oil treatment strip color from my henna+indigo+amla in my hair?

It's been four days since I dyed my hair with henna, indigo, and amla I mixed as instructed on the tap dancing lizard's pdf for a cool medium brown. I love the color that it's left in my hair, but now I'm looking for a way to add more moisture and relax the fizziness. 

I've been finding contradicting information online on whether or not olive oil treatments would strip the color from my hair. I wouldn't mind a lighter brown color, but I'm afraid this treatment would strip too much color and show the red I was trying to cover up (from my first henna application 5 months ago).

I love using ACV rinses when washing my hair, but I was hoping to find a way of getting more moisture and tame the frizz. I was looking to try olive oil after reading it's good for thick hair, but I'm not set on it if there's something better. Any advice is appreciated.

rchou
admin
Oils

Hello!

Olive oil should not do anything to your color. Coconut oil can, so be careful of that. However, everyone's hair is a little different, so if your hair hadn't grabbed on strongly enough to the henna/indigo, a variety of things could cause it to fade.

I'd say go ahead and try; the worst that could happen is you'll need a light reapplication. Also, remember not to have any oils in your hair *before* hennaing. :)

mazarine

Thanks for the response! I'll try it out tonight. :D