Questions re: mixes with beetroot, hibiscus powder, red clay, etc.

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
ShaniAZ
Questions re: mixes with beetroot, hibiscus powder, red clay, etc.

My grays are getting too orange for the rest of my hair, which is a deep, gorgeous wine red (Monsoon + Copperberry) with highlights (bleach). Some of my bleach highlights, as well as my grays, have become brassy orange.  I know they will darken with repeated henna applications, and leaving henna on for many hours.  Still, I am curious to know if I could get red tones by mixing beet root, or hibiscus powder, or red clay with my Monsoon so I don't have to use up so much henna.  If not those relatively cheap options, would diprotic acid help add the rose tones (as opposed to orange tones)?

rchou
admin
Deeper red

Hello,

None of those things you mentioned contain at dye that would bind to the hair. I would recommend trying Nightfall Rose, which will "blue" the henna a little bit more, or amla powder, which will tone out the brighter brassy tones.

ShaniAZ
Nightfall rose...I never

Nightfall rose...I never thought of that one.  I didn't realize added blue, because I associate "ash" tones with gray.  I like that idea much better than trying any of the other stuff.  Thank you so much.  Another quick question - when used with Monsoon, does Kristalovino enhance rose tones?  I've only used Copperberry with Monsoon.

rchou
admin
Kristalovino

Hello,

Kristalovino and Copperberry will give fairly similar results to Monsoon, but Copperberry will keep the color lighter over time by preventing oxidation.