Advice on henna paste

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Skye
Advice on henna paste

Hello everybody!

I used to be a member of this forum years ago but after I decided to get a pixie cut, I left my hair with highlights and kept going blonder over the past few years, and now my hair is very long again.

It is terribly thin from commercial dyes and toners. I have been wanting to go back to be a red head but I knew on hair that light, it would get some time to build up out of the carrot head state with just henna. In the past, I used henna over hair already dyed a bit and that helped the transition. I tried to do that again but commercial red dyes have become a bit too cool and ended up with pink and purplish hair. I finally applied medium brown on top and now my hair is darker, a Merlot color but a lot redder under direct light, and horribly thin. No bad breakage though. It neds henna! 

I had 150 gr of Henna, I bought it some years back. I was afraid that would not be enough for my hair length and was maybe too old, so I initially thought about a gloss, to condition my hair.

However, two changes from my previous techniques (warm chamomile tea, fruit juice, sit on a heating pad, leave overnight).

-100 gr of Rajasthani Twilight -50 gr of Dark of the Moon

-Very cold filtered water 

-3000 mg of Vitamin C powder

I was surprised in 3 hours, the mix had the dark yellowish color under the wrap, and touching it gave me a bright orange tint on my skin. What amazing longevity of those two hennas! And using Vitamin C caused a quick dye release. I had never tried that before.

I am not sure I want to apply it right now so I placed in a freezer bag.

How do I thaw it so it is not oxidized before applying?

Thanks! 

m_moore
admin
Either put it in the fridge a

Either put it in the fridge a day before you want to use it, or place leave it on the counter.

Skye
It is quite a bit, would it

It is quite a bit, would it demise in the warmth or will be OK to refreeze the rest? Unfortunately although I flattened the paste in the bag, it was not big enough to make it easier to break a chunk of the frozen mix. It was releasing dye quickly, after checking the bag this morning, I saw some goo on the outside was a reddish brown.

thank you! :)