Highlightening Cap.

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
browny
Highlightening Cap.

Hi

I have henna and cassia and want to create highlights.

Has anyone used a hair cap that allows hair to be pulled through and then used henna and cassia mix to create high lights, if so how did it work out?

Thank you.

rchou
admin
Highlights

Hello,

Henna and cassia cannot dye your hair a lighter shade than it currently is because it only deposits dye onto the hair. You can use the cap to lighten your hair with a chemical lightener, and then dye with henna and cassia over it. The result would be warm blonde to bright copper, depending on how much you lightened your hair and what your henna/cassia ratio is.

browny
Many thanks for your reply,

Many thanks for your reply,

Maybe I should have not used the word highlightening. I have mid to dark brown hair and what I want to do if use the cap then use the henna and cassia mix on the hair pulled through.

As it is the first time I will be using henna/cassia mix, I wanted to try it this way first just to hopefully blend in the few grey hairs I have and see how it turns out before doing my full head of hair.

Do you think this would work, I do not want to use a chemical lightener first.

rchou
admin
Hello,

Hello,

If you have brunette hair, you may not see much of a difference in color except for on grays, which would be tinted a warm golden to light coppery tone. The rest of your hair would either stay the same, or have a little more of a golden or warm tone. If that's what you're going for, that'd be just fine!

browny
Many thanks,

Many thanks,

I am going to give a try.

thank you for your help.

Best wishes.