would like mahogany more than auburn

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
RondaCondie
would like mahogany more than auburn

Hello.  I have applied the Ancient Sunrise® Henna for Gray Hair Kit: Auburn twice now, about a month ago.  I applied Rainwash first as directed, then the two henna applications just a couple days apart because it was so orange and brassy after the first application...and reddened nicely with the second application.  Now it is time to do the roots and I might as well do an all over application again because I am still wanting it darker, a bit more brown than red.  While a month's time has definitely helped in turning my hair from red to auburn (mostly), and I'm pleased with that, I wonder if a certain acid might push the color more towards mahogany.  Mahogany would be my goal, if possible.  (My natural color is about 50/50 medium brown and gray, except around the front hairline where it is nearly 100% gray/white.  Except for the new growth, the rest of the hair shafts had been chemically colored with some bleaching to most tips.)  Thank you.

m_moore
admin
Perhaps give the Nightfall

Perhaps give the Nightfall Rose a try. It may help not allow as much orange tones appear.  Your roots will be lighter than the rest because of doing the full head a couple of times already.

http://www.mehandi.com/shop/citric_acid/

RondaCondie
Thank you for suggesting

Thank you for suggesting using the Nightfall Rose.  A couple more questions, please.

1.  Am I right in thinking that different acids should not be mixed into the same batch of henna?

2.  If I leave the henna on for a longer period (i.e., longer than 3 hours) will that help the roots change to a darker color?  But, if so, will the rest of each hair shaft also go darker and darker?

m_moore
admin
You're welcome!

You're welcome!

You can, but it can be confusing. You just have to be careful not to add too much of one or the other...and vice versa.

You are correct that leaving the henna on longer will deepen, not only the roots, but the rest of the hair as well.

You could always do the roots, then halfway through the processing time, apply some fresh henna paste on the ends.