TWILIGHT VS MONSOON ON GRAY HAIR

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Dolly
TWILIGHT VS MONSOON ON GRAY HAIR

I SAW THAT THERE WERE A COUPLE OF DIFFERENT TOPICS REGARDING MONSOON VS TWILIGHT, BUT THEY WERE OLDER, SO I THOUGHT I WOULD ADD A NEW THREAD WITH MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCES.

MY NATURAL HAIR COLOR IS DARK BROWN, AND I WOULD ESTIMATE THAT I AM NOW ABOUT 50% (OR MORE) GRAY (TO BE READ STARK WHITE).  I ALWAYS DO FULL-HEAD APPLICATIONS, BECAUSE IT IS EASIER FOR ME TO DO, I HAVE A LOT OF GRAY IN MY UNDERLAYER, AND I REALLY DON'T CARE HOW DARK IT GETS.  

SO, I USED TO USE CELEBRATION, AND MOST OFTEN, MY WHITES WOULD BE DEEP RED WITH ONLY ONE APP (AFTER OXIDATION, OF COURSE), AND IT MADE NICE RED HIGHLIGHTS IN MY DARK BROWN. SO, AFTER CELEBRATION RAN OUT, I STARTED USING THE TWILIGHT.  IT WAS OK AT FIRST, BUT AFTER THE LAST COUPLE OF APPS, I NOTICED THAT THE BRIGHT TRAFFIC-CONE ORANGE IN MY TEMPLES AND ALONG MY HAIRLINE NEVER REALLY DEEPENED IN COLOR.  IT PRETTY MUCH STAYED ORANGE, GREW OUT, AND THE NEXT APP WOULD BUILD UP AND DARKEN THAT AREA, BUT THE ROOTS WOULD AGAIN BE.....VERY ORANGE.

AND I DIDN'T VARY THE MIX, EITHER. HENNA, ROOM-TEMP WATER, AND LEMON JUICE. AFTER DYE RELEASE, I WOULD POUR IT INTO SOAP MOLDS AND FREEZE. TWO BARS WOULD DO MY WHOLE HEAD, JUST LIKE WITH CELEBRATION. LEFT ON MY HEAD 3-4 HRS.

THIS TIME, I DECIDED TO GIVE THE MONSOON A SHOT.  SAME MIX, SAME TIME. THE MONSOON, AFTER ON MY HEAD, IS TRAFFIC-CONE ORANGE, BUT BY DAY 2, IT STARTED TO DEEPEN TO MORE OF A TRUE RED.  NOW, BY DAY 3, IT IS STILL KIND OF BRIGHT, BUT MORE RED THAN ORANGE.

SOMETHING ELSE I NOTICED WAS THIS......AFTER TWILIGHT, MY HAIR WOULD BLEED ORANGE FOR THE FIRST FEW SHOWERS AFTER APPLICATION. HOWEVER, TODAY, WHICH IS DAY 3, I SHOWERED AND THERE WAS ALMOST NO BLEEDING. ZERO. VERY LITTLE ON MY TOWEL AS WELL. THIS WAS MY FIRST SHOWER (WITH HAIR WASHING) SINCE APPLICATION DAY.  DEFINITELY UNUSUAL.

SO, FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE DYING GRAY AND LOOKING FOR A TRUE RED, BUT NOT LOVING TWILIGHT, TRY THE MONSOON. IT MAY GIVE YOU RESULTS LIKE MINE!

enissel
admin
Twilight Vs. Monsoon

You can always contact us if you are not getting the desired results. info@mehandi.com

Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help explain why you were not getting the results you desired.

http://www.tapdancinglizard.com/AS_henna_for_hair/Chapter_12_Troubleshoo...

Dolly
Don't get me wrong, I am not

Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining......just discussing my particular results with monsoon vs twilight. I have been using henna for several years now, so I did not really need the troubleshooting booklet.  The difference was not in my application method, it was the type of henna.

Each dye has a different undertone, at least in my opinion. Sometimes, a different variety of henna just looks different on a person's hair.  And, that different usually becomes apparent as it oxidizes (especially on me, since I have BRIGHT WHITE temples).  I simply thought that if someone else had the same issues that I did (with stubborn hair) that they may want to know about my experience.

I am happy with the monsoon, so I will stick with that as long as you have it in stock.  Like I said, not complaining! Plus, I bought two 500g boxes, so I have enough to last for a while. 

sartorius7
I was using Twilight a few

I was using Twilight a few years ago as a very strong gloss. My hair is dark ashy blonde with 30% grey. It did always look a bit day glo on my scalp the first few days, but then it settled down. I guess I liked the coppery auburn shade I got with it. If I decide to be more true red, sounds like Monsoon is the way to go!