Expense of cassia

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Alegna
Expense of cassia

Is there something inexpensive to use in place of cassia?

I generally use 100g of cassia with 2 teaspoons of henna. This gives my naturally light auburn hair a nice reddish boost and gives my 20% white/gray hair a very natural-looking strawberry blond color. I don't like the pink/rosy tint that henna can give white hair on its own, but diluted in the cassia, I get the color I want. However, the cassia had no discernible effect on the color of my hair at all when I used it on its own.

Is there something else, less expensive than cassia, that I can use to dilute my 2 teaspoons of henna?

2 teaspoons of henna, with lemon juice for dye-release, spread evenly (somehow) over all my hair, would probably result in a very similar color result as the henna/cassia mix.

Any ideas about how to bulk up my little bit of henna without cassia?

Maybe powdered oats? Colloidal oatmeal, I mean.

rchou
admin
Cassia

Hello,

Even though it might not tint your hair when used alone, the cassia is working with the henna for your strawberry blonde color. The only other thing that might come close is the dilute the dye-released henna with a lot of conditioner, but this leads to a much less permanent result, and might be more orangey, rather than warm blonde. Henna glosses are usually used more for a little extra color boost rather than a permanent dye.

Alegna
Expense of Cassia

I used water & colloidal oatmeal mixed with two teaspoons of dye-released henna to dye my hair. It worked very well. The final mixture was easier to spread into my hair than my usual mix of 100g of dye-released cassia and two teaspoons of dye-released henna.

Colloidal oatmeal is inexpensive. I bought a box of 5 packets (sold to be added to bath water to release irritated skin) for about $6.

I used 3 packets. I poured the powder into a bowl and added tap water and stirred. I continued to add water and stir until the lumps were mostly gone and the mixture was like gruel. (Not as thick as mashed potatoes, but not runny.) Then I added my dye-released henna and stirred till everything was mixed thoroughly together. Then I applied it to my hair. I didn't have to section my hair. The henna/oatmeal goo was easily pushed through my hair strands. It was similar to mushing conditioner into your hair, but less runny due to the viscosity of the oatmeal.

This worked for me. I achieved the same result as I have with my henna/cassia mix. I'm not referring to a henna/cassia gloss. No. A straight henna/cassia mix.

Colloidal oatmeal can be used with henna. It worked well. I was very pleased.

rchou
admin
Colloidal oatmeal

Hello,

I'm glad the mix worked for you. I just want others who read this to understand that it may not work for them, and this is not a method that has been tested and approved by our company. Therefore, we cannot not be held responsible for unwanted results if others try to use this method.

We definitely encourage experimenting and trying new things to see what works for you, but as a com[any, we want to make sure our henna knowledge is beneficial to all of of our customers!