Can I strip henna from my hair, to go "natural"?

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Lady JKattz777
Can I strip henna from my hair, to go "natural"?

I use Ancient Sunrise "RED" on my 50% grey(white) hair, which was a light/medium brown with golden/red highlights when I was younger. I used chemical dyes for a number of years and just recently made the leap to henna about 3 years ago. 

If I have been successful, I have added 2 photos: 1- showing long root growth with my natural color, and 1-showing what it looks like since I did a henna touch-up.

I'd like to know how to go natural without drastic measures, like CUTTING it all off!  

Thank you!

AttachmentSize
Image icon Natural root growth (before)236.08 KB
Image icon After touch-up206.08 KB
m_moore
admin
The henna binds with the

The henna binds with the protein in the hair so there is no way to get it out. You could do a couple of things... you could slowly add some cassia into your mixture to make it lighter, until you are using hardly any henna.. You could also just do henna low lights- this would be with a hilighting cap- you would just small sections of hair through a hilighting cap and use henna on those specific areas, so that you won't have a harsh line, but rather lowlights of henna through out the hair to help the roots blend into the bottom. You could also have a stylist lighten it, and then try to match it to a similar color your roots are.

I hope these help!

Lady JKattz777
Going "natural"

Thank you very much for your reply....I will think things over and try your suggestions....I will check in with my method(s) and results.

Aloha!

Lady JKattz777
Henna + Cassia?

I've decided that I will try the henna + cassia mix suggested to slowly go back to my natural color.....until I decide otherwise.

What percentage should my first application be adding the cassia? What percentage should I increase each time until I am 100% cassia?  Thank you in advance for your advice.

Aloha!

>"<.

PS....how do I go about adding photos to my posts?  Thank you!

rchou
admin
Henna and cassia

Hello,

You can probably go by 25%. 3 parts henna, 1 part cassia, 50/50, then 1 part henna, 3 parts cassia. Keep in mind as you increase cassia and decrease henna, the resulting color may be more of a bright orangey tone. You can cool this out with amla if you wish. You also may want to stay with each mixture for a few applications, depending on how gradual you want the transition to be.

Lady JKattz777
Amla....

How would I mix the Amla in to my henna/cassia mixture? I have been using diluted lemon juice in my henna treatments, would I still need the lemon juice?  How much amla would prevent the henna/cassia from being too bright orange?  Thank you for your help!

Aloha!

>"<.

m_moore
admin
You would mix the amla powder

You would mix the amla powder in with your henna/cassia powder, then only add distilled water, as amla will replace the lemon juice. Here is a chapter that will go into further detail to help! http://www.tapdancinglizard.com/AS_henna_for_hair/chapters/chap6/6_amla.pdf