New Terms?

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Sigolinde
New Terms?

I have been ordering my henna online from you for about 5 years and paying with my Visa Card. I prefer not to open a PayPal Account.

When I tried to order my henna online last night, I learned that terms had changed.

I can still decline to open a PayPal Account.

I can still pay with my VISA

However, you are forced to agree to PayPal’s terms and conditions EVEN if you don’t open a PayPal Account, otherwise it will not process the order.  Below is the text:

"I have read and agree to PayPal's Privacy Policy. I agree PayPal may contact me at the phone number I provided with autodialed or prerecorded calls or texts to provide notices about my account or account activity, investigate or prevent fraud, or collect a debt. I understand that I do not need to agree to receive such calls or texts to use PayPal and that I may communicate my preference not to receive such calls or texts that require my consent by contacting PayPal Customer Support. We won't contact you with autodialed or prerecorded marketing calls or texts at this number unless you provide prior express written consent."

Were you guys aware of this?  I don’t want to read their policy.  I don’t want their automated spam on my phone.  I don’t want to contact PayPal about my preferences, express, written, or otherwise.  I do not have any consumer relationship with PayPal.  My consumer relationship is with you guys!

As a long-time customer of yours, I will simply place my order with you by using your phone option.  However, if I was coming to you for the first time and encountered this condition I would reluctant to agree to such terms and look for another supplier.  I get it that the agreement initially states that you agree PayPal can spam you and reading further it seems they need your written consent for some things…but you don’t know what things without delving further into the actual policy.  How many of your new customers will read that far and try to figure out what's going on?  I suspect you may be losing a few sales because of this.

Just FYI.

Also, end of rant.

m_moore
admin
We won't contact you with

We won't contact you with autodialed or prerecorded marketing calls or texts at this number unless you provide prior express written consent."

They are saying they will not contact you unless you write them saying so, so by checking the box of the terms and conditions, you are not allowing them to contact you at random, they are just re-informing you that they will not do it, unless you write it out to them. 

I hope this helps clear some things up for you!