Kristalovino vs Copperberry

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
emerald888
Kristalovino vs Copperberry

Hi all,

I'm just curious if anyone has much knowledge on these two acids.. 

I want my stain "lighter and brighter", which I've read both of these acids will accomplish, but the Copperberry claims that it will keep the color lighter, brighter, and less likely to darken over time.. I'm not seeing that claim on the diprotic acid.

Does anyone know if the Kristalovino will also keep the henna from darkening as much over time?

rchou
admin
Antioxidants

Hello,

The copperberry powder has antioxidants, which are what prevent the darkening. The Kristalovino doesn't have that, so while the color will be similar at first, there may be more darkening with the Kristalovino powder over time.

emerald888
Juices - Antioxidants - pH

Thanks for the response, rchou.  :-)

I'm not sure why the term "anti-oxidant" didn't hit me when I read it in the e-book.  Duh.. 

Now I am curious about other mixtures.. Amla is rich in antioxidants, but it ashes and darkens the red.  So I'm guessing there is even more to the scenario here.  :-/

Do you have any experience with pomegranate or concord grape juice?  They are extremely rich in antioxidants, but I'm not sure of their pH.  I'm wondering if there are any easy-to-come-by acids that will help keep my color bright and be easy on my wallet.  If I'm buying $50 worth of henna, I'm going to struggle to come up with another $25 to buy copperberry.

I hear people talk a lot about using apple and cranberry juice.  

Thanks again!

rchou
admin
Copperberry

We have single-use packets for $3.99. One packet per 100g henna. I personally haven't worked with pomegranate or grape juice, but I believe they contain anthrocyanins, which will 'blue" the color slightly as well. For a gentle acid that doesn't brown too much, apple juice is a good way to go.