Henna - Indigo (1:1) and Gray hair coverage

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
ange-henna
Henna - Indigo (1:1) and Gray hair coverage

Hi,

I have dark brown hair with 30-40% gray. I intend to try henna-indigo mix in proportions 1:1. My aim is to achieve a good coverage of the regrowing gray hair only. I would prefer that the hair lengths don't get darker in the process.

My questions:

1. If I use Henna-Indigo (1:1) mix on my roots only, for how long do I need to leave it in to achieve the gray hair coverage?

2. What happens if I leave the Henna-Indigo (1:1) mix in my hair overnight? Will it cause the hair to darken too much because of the indigo? Or will the henna override the indigo because indigo has a short developing time?

3. I intend to keep re-applying the mix every 3-4 weeks to the roots only. However, the mix may spread a bit down the lenghts during the application. Will this cause the hair lengths to darken over time due to the indigo build-up?

Thank you.

Ange

rchou
admin
Hello,

Hello,

1;1 will result in a medium brown mix, and covers gray especially if you use Twilight henna. 3 hours is enough for indigo mixes, because afterwards the red from the henna will begin to show more and more. It sometimes takes two applications to get full gray coverage. If you are dyeing over previously dyed hair, it will deepen a bit, so I would recommend sticking to just the roots if you don't want to get too dark.

Have a great day!

Rebecca

ange-henna
Hello Rebecca,

Hello Rebecca,

Thank you for the useful information. I will try to leave it in for 3 hours then. 

I'd have one more question, though. If the Henna-Indigo mix doesn't cover the gray hair very well, what can I do to improve the gray hair coverage? I assume simply repeating the procedure would darken my dark brown hair?

Kind regards,

Ange 

rchou
admin
Covering gray

Hello,

Yes, sometimes it will take two applications to get full coverage. If it isn't dark enough, you can also choose to add a little bit more indigo into the mix. As always, make sure the hair is clean and free of natural oils, conditioners, or hair products to ensure the best dye.

Have a great day!

Rebecca

Tahiraraqs
Dark Brown Hair with grey roots

Hi,

I've been using Henna for a while but there is a learning curve for natural hair dyes. Please I want to thank you for this site. My question is trying to get rid of demarcation line. Do I do a two step process on the regrowth of hair or 1:1 henna/indigo mix? Any sugestion would be appriciated. 

Thank You

Tahira