Does cassia fade or wash out?

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
VenusEnvy
Does cassia fade or wash out?

Hi!

Does cassia wash or fade out of hair after a while? Just wondering how long it will stay in. Thanks!

rchou
admin
Hello,

Hello,

Cassia is permanent, so there would be minimal to no fading.

Have a good day!

Rebecca

VenusEnvy
Thanks for the quick reply! :

Thanks for the quick reply! :)

VenusEnvy
Revisiting this, b/c some

Revisiting this, b/c some things I have read including discussions in this forum say that cassia is NOT permanent, and washes out in a couple weeks. Anyone have a definitive answer?

Ophelia
Yes! I've used cassia many

Yes! I've used cassia many times, and I've never heard anyone say it's permanent before! It lasts a couple of weeks or less on my hair (both the color and the increased thicker feeling)

I do know that if you use it repeatedly the color can build up though, so on extremely light hair, or if you have hair that's pretty porous, the effects could become permanent in a sense. I would expect it to wash out eventually though if you stopped using it (unlike henna!)

VenusEnvy
Thanks, that echoes the other

Thanks, that echoes the other info I have been reading. Darn! Wish it were permanent. :)

Ophelia
I think it does depend on

I think it does depend on your hair though as everyone's different. On me, the effects seem to last only a couple of weeks, but I've often read people saying it lasts about a month on them (not sure if that's the thicker feeling or the light gold tones though!)

Also, a lot of people say their hair feels more conditioned and looks shinier with cassia - on my hair it doesn't increase the shine, and makes it feel "rougher" at first, just until the next wash though. I just liked the fuller effect it gave me (haven't used it for a while, my hair's growing through super thick at the moment after having had lots of shedding due to thyroid imbalance)

m_moore
admin
Cassia is not always

Cassia is not always permanent.  It does very from head to head, but unlike henna, it cannot really bind the the keratin. When Cassia is mixed with henna, it becomes more permanent.  Some folks find cassia stays in great! Other folks have to do it every month.